Today I finally got around to cutting the remainder of my Halloween Taffy strips from the Ghastlies charcoal Bramble fabric, finding out at the end that I had enough to use to make a Kindle case for myself, without needing to buy additional yardage.
I also finally got around to digging up the purple cat fabric I've had stashed for several years. It's from Robert Kaufman's "All Hallows Eve" line. I remember seeing it, and just falling in love with it. I didn't have a specific project in mind for it at the time, and I've just been waiting to use it.
The purple cats paired well with the charcoal bramble, which is a lot less severe than a solid, which was another option I had considered.
The flash washed everything out a little, but that's okay as it actually allows you to see the detail of the bramble fabric. Having already sewn one of these cases for Jeff, it was a faster process than the last time, even though I restitched the pocket bias trim three times because it was slightly wobbly and it was driving me nuts.