Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

Miss Matilda's Olivia quilt is quilted, which I got finished before the Comic Con weekend. The binding has been machine stitched onto the front, and I'm in the process of hand stitching the back, which is about 1/4 done so far.

I started quilting it with uneven parallel lines, which became more and more wavy as I progressed across the quilt top. I like the wavy lines more, but the difference isn't all that huge, and after it gets washed, I doubt it'll be that noticeable. Certainly it doesn't bother me enough to take out the stitching on one side to re-do it. Live and learn!

Quilting on Olivia

Uneven parallel lines. (Sorry, not enough natural light to get good pictures!)

Quilting on Olivia

Wavy parallel lines.

This past weekend we also went to a ragamuffin parade with the kids, so they got to dress up in their Halloween costumes and play around at the carnival that was there too.

And that evening we carved one of our pumpkins with them, as they'll be with their dad for Halloween weekend.

We used one of the stencils that came with the carving tools: a Crow.

The Crow

Besides that, the biggest WIP that's happening at the moment is the scrubbing of my kitchen! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment