Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Olivia the Pig

Having teacup humans means that you get exposed to some children's TV. One of the shows I actually find amusing, and doesn't make me want to bang my head into a wall, is the animated series of Olivia (on Nick Jr), based on the children's book series by Ian Falconer. Olivia is a peppy, resourceful and determined little piglet and reminds me a lot of Miss Tilly, whom this is for.

There are 2 different fabric lines by Andover of Olivia. The first line was based on illustrations from the books, and the second on the animated TV series. I went ahead and used some prints from both collections, and some coordinating prints.

For the quilt I chose Elizabeth Hartman's "12 + 2 = Q" pattern because I wanted some larger pieces that showcased one of the larger prints. I didn't however want to have a quilt that was as large as her original pattern was for (which is roughly 90"x96"), so I ended up halving the pattern (after breaking my brain with the math trying to scale it down in other ways.) The quilt top at the moment measures 42.5"x45".

Olivia 12 + 2 = Q quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment